Valentines Day is the most romantic day of the year, therefore could be considered as the best time to propose to your loved one. However, is it now considered to be a cliché?
Here at Charles Nobel we want to make sure that whenever you decide to propose its memorable and special to the both of you.
With Valentines Day quickly creeping around the corner, we’ve created the dos and don’ts of proposing on the most romantic day of the year.
- Do make the engagement a surprise. Your future fiancé may be expecting a proposal on this special occasion so it is crucial you don’t let anything slip. Try not to tell too many people about your engagement plan to ensure it remains a secret.
- Do consider whether you want to propose in public or in private. A public proposal can put a lot of pressure on you and your partner and therefore may not be ideal for everyone. However, if your partner is more extroverted they may not appreciate a private proposal, as they may want to share this special moment with others.
- Do be unique and make it personal to the both of you. Valentines proposals are common; therefore you need to make yours stand out in order to be special for the both of you. For example, you could take her to the place you had your first date.
- Do find the perfect engagement ring! Here at Charles Nobel we have an extensive range of beautiful engagement rings perfect for any bride-to-be. Browse our online collection or come in store to speak to an expert.
- Don’t rush into it. Just because Valentines Day is quickly approaching, it doesn’t mean you should feel pressured into making this big step in your relationship. Don’t pop the question unless you are certain the time is right for the both of you.
- Don’t forget to document your proposal. The day you pop the question is likely to be one of the most memorable events for you and your partner. Make sure you have a camera on you so you can remember this special moment for the rest of your life.
- Don’t let nerves take over. Asking your loved one to marry you is no doubt a nerve-wracking experience but don’t let these nerves ruin your special moment. Relax and take your time. Careful planning can help to reduce these nerves.
- Don’t leave the proposal planning to the last minute. Make sure you have enough time to plan where you’re going to propose and what you’re going to say. And of course, allow enough time to choose the perfect engagement ring.
The most important thing to remember, whenever or wherever you decide to pop the question, is to be yourself. Your future fiancé fell in love with you for being you. Make the engagement special to the both of you in your own unique and personal way.
If you’re thinking of proposing this Valentines Day, visit our collection of engagement rings or get in touch with us and talk to the experts. We’re an independent, family run jewellers that are always happy to help!
So what are your views on proposing on Valentines Day? Is it a romantic gesture or is it just a hype that comes across as being ‘too cheesy’?
10 Common Mistakes Men Make When Proposing
10 Great Ideas for Proposing at Home
How to Choose the Perfect Engagement Ring
Picking Your Perfect Diamond
10 Questions to Ask Before Choosing a Jeweller
Consult an expert for personal guidance and buying advice. Call us on 01425 616 347.